Monday, January 9, 2012

Dots of a Ladybug

Tonight's card is one of the cutest yet! I adore the simplicity of  it, and I can only imagine all the different reasons and occasions that it could be used for! Everything from Friendship, to Get Well Soon, to Teacher...and everything in between!


The Cardbase is Bazzill, in 'Bazzill White'. I thought this card needed a more subdued cardbase, considering what I planned to use on it! The wonderful dotted paper is actually embossed, so the dots are raised, and the texture it adds to a card is amazing! You can get the same paper from Pebbles, and it's called 'Brand New'. It's part of their New Addition line of baby themed papers, but as you can see, it can be used for so much more! This particular paper is from the boy's set of papers.

The graphic used is from a Studio that is quickly becoming one of my favorites: Whimsy and Stars. She's called 'Little Ladybug', and I colored her with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamesol. I wanted to make her a little different, so I gave her white wings instead of the normal red. I think it looks fun!


To finish, I wrapped a pretty chocolate sheer ribbon around the card, and tied it in a simple bow. I added a Filigree Charm from Close To My Heart, and I thinking it added a lot to the card. Like I said, the simplicity of this card is what I was going for, and I hope you love it as much as I do!

Love and Happy Scrapping

No comments:

Post a Comment