Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Fore You!

Well, I've been looking at my cards and thought, "I have almost no boy/men type cards...I need to make some!" And here you'll see, I have tried. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find images for boys, let alone put together a boy themed card. But I got it done, and I'm pretty content with how it came out. :)



The cardstock cardbase is the same as all my large cards: Bazzill. This particular color was hard to track down in my box, but after a bit of searching, I'm pretty confident in calling this one 'Fawn'. I think I got the argyle paper from Hobby Lobby, but it's been so long since I bought it, I really don't remember. However, I did go through my tag bucket and found something that would make a great replacement! It's called 'Cafe Noir', and it'a part of the Marjolaine line by Basic Grey. 


This image is once again from The Stamp Fairy, and it's the last in her line called 'Lenny Father's Day'. He's colored in the normal way, of Prismacolor Pencils and Gamesol I thought the glitter argyle was a cute touch. :) I used an adhesive pearl to make his golf ball really pop, and also used glossy accents on his nose. Some blue grosgrain ribbon was used to make a little bow in the corner, and was topped off with a button. Overall, I think I did a good job for a boy card. They're seriously harder than I thought...but that's what this whole thing is about, pushing myself to get even better!

Hugs and Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment