Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2011!

As I promised, a new beginning! I'm going to be posting ONE new card, once a day, everyday!

I'm going to do my best to link you to the materials used, give you exact colors, etc. I think this will be really fun, and a great learning experience for many, myself included. In undertaking this challenge, I'm going to be pushed to my creative limit, but that's half the fun!

Today's card is themed for New Years.


The black cardbase is 'Black Onyx' from Gina K Design. The white cardstock is embossed with 'Swiss Dots' from Stampin' Up. The adorable little bear has no name to him, but he can be found at Stamp Fairy here. I colored him with Prisma Premier colored pencils, and Gamsol. I also used Sakura Glitter Pens, in 'Clear Star' to accent the stars and some of the stripes on his hat. Glossy accents from Inkssentials was used on the bottom of his feet, and his nose, just to give some depth and fun feeling to this card.


The pretty red and white dotted ribbon is a simple satin ribbon, which I tied in a small knot, and attached a small label to with multicolored string. Overall, this was a very fun and simple card to make, taking a little over 30 minutes. I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good sometimes. :) 


Thanks so much for stopping by my little blog, and please stay tuned for tomorrow's update!

Love and Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment